The Fingal Development Plan 2023 – 2029 was made on 22nd February 2023 and came into effect on 5th April 2023.
A final high resolution version of the Development Plan will be made available in due course.
Shortly after publication, it was noted that a number of typographical/editing errors were present in the Written Statement and in the Appendices to the Development Plan (Interim Publication). These errors were subsequently corrected and the corrected documents have been uploaded to the Fingal County Council website. Details of the errors in question are set out in an Errata Document which is provided alongside the Fingal Development Plan 2023-2029 Documents and Map.
The Development Plan sets out the framework to guide future development within Fingal. It has put healthy place-making at its heart. A healthy Fingal is about working towards a more sustainable County, where sufficient homes are available for citizens of Fingal and the creation of a more socially integrated and resilient County.
This Plan is a strategic document which envisages Fingal as an integrated network of vibrant socially and economically successful urban settlements and rural communities, strategic greenbelts and open countryside, supporting and contributing to the economic development of the County and the Dublin City Region.
A Draft Direction by the Minister for State for Local Government and Planning, in accordance with Section 31(7) of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 (as amended), has been received by Fingal County Council on 4th April 2023, with regard to the making of the Fingal Development Plan 2023-2029.
Having regard to the provisions of this Draft Direction, which can be viewed in full below, a number of elements of the Fingal Development Plan 2023-2029 will not come into effect on 5th April 2023 having regard to the following:
- Land zoned General Employment in the adopted Plan to the east of M2 at Junction 2 at St Margaret’s.
- Land unzoned from Food Park in the adopted Plan south of Coolquay village.
- Land unzoned from Rural Business in the adopted Plan to the south of Coolquay village.
- Land zoned General Employment in the adopted Plan to the south east of Junction 5 on the M1 at Courtlough which was zoned Rural in the Fingal County Development Plan 2017-2023.
- Reinstate the Greenbelt zoning objective for lands PA SH 12.4 Newtown i.e. the subject lands revert to Greenbelt.
- Delete the additional text published in November 2022, Proposed Material Alterations, as Proposed Amendment, PA CH 8.1 and modified by Agenda Item FDP84/23, in relation to Noise Standards.
*The interim publication of the Fingal Development Plan (below) reflects the provisions of the Draft Direction.
This Draft Direction will go on public display on https://consult.fingal.ie on 18th April in accordance with the provisions of Section 31 (7).