Fingal County Council is committed to developing and improving the County’s digital infrastructure and services. Access to free public Wi-Fi in our major town centres and villages will be a major asset to our visitors, businesses and residents. The provision of free public Wi-Fi will form part of the Council’s Digital Strategy which is due for publication this year (2019).
The introduction of this service will strengthen Fingal’s reputation as a forward thinking and digitally inclusive urban and rural landscape, which strongly promotes access to on-line services and information across the County. The initiative is being project managed by the Council’s Information Technology Department, with liaison across relevant departments within the Council.
The key aims of the Council’s Wi-Fi project are to:
- Provide free public access to internet services at key destinations in major town centres and villages.
- Promote Fingal as a forward-thinking and digitally inclusive region.
- Introduce free public Wi-Fi as an aid to foster economic growth, making Fingal a more attractive destination for citizens, business and visitors.
- Increase public access to on-line services and information.
- Work with industry to promote investment in digital infrastructure.
Check out Fingal County Council Public Wi-Fi Roadmap here