Trams to the Hill of Howth, 1901-1959 Exhibition & Video

As part of Fingal County Council's Commemorations programme 2018-2023, Fingal Libraries supported by Creative Ireland have produced an exhibition and video exploring the history of the Hill of Howth tram. From 1901, this feat of engineering opened up the scenic views of the Howth peninsula to thousands of tourists and cemented Howth’s place as a favoured seaside resort for generations of Dubliners. Closed in 1959, it is still affectionately remembered by many today.

The exhibition and video are currently on display at Malahide Library until 13th April 2022 with an additional smaller version of the exhibition on display at Howth Library.

View the exhibition online here: Trams to the Hill of Howth  as Gaeilge anseo Tramanna Bhinn Éadair 

Read about the launch here