Environmental Issues

Dog Complaints Reporting

Animal Control

Excessive dog barking which causes a nuisance to any person is an offence. Your District Court can make an order requiring the reduction of excessive barking by a dog, can limit the number of dogs that can be kept on a premises, or can direct that a dog be delivered to a dog warden as an unwanted dog. You can make a complaint about excessive barking to the District Court under Noise Regulations.

Before you do this, you must first let the dog owner know that you are making a complaint. You do this by completing a Section 108 Form under the Control of Dogs Act 1986. The Section 108 form is available from the District Court.

Dog Noise Complaint Form