Global Action Plan Launches Nationwide "Climate Competition", in the search for Ireland’s most climate friendly employees.
In a groundbreaking initiative, businesses in Fingal are invited to take centre stage in a nationwide "Climate Competition" – an innovative challenge organised by environmental NGO Global Action Plan Ireland.
The 2-week competition aims to spotlight corporate commitment to sustainability and climate action across all counties in Ireland. From global to small & local enterprises, companies of all sizes are encouraged to form teams to see who has Ireland’s most climate-smart employees.
“We are thrilled to be able to organise this nationwide climate competition for businesses of all sizes” said Hans Zomer, CEO of Global Action Plan (GAP) Ireland, the organisation hosting the Competition.
"The Climate Competition is a unique opportunity for businesses to demonstrate their leadership in climate action. We're calling on companies to step up, show their commitment, and inspire positive change within their organisations, communities, and beyond."
- Companies from every county in Ireland are encouraged to participate in this two-week competition, running from the 8th April 2024 until Earth Day on the 22nd April 2024. The Climate Competition is a chance for local businesses to highlight their efforts in
- front of companies across the country.
- The competition is designed to empower employees in their sustainability journey. Participants can log activities in climate-positive activities across four key areas: Transport, Food, Consumption, and Energy.
- Life Change:
- On average, participants reduce their carbon footprint by 20-30% during the challenges, by making small and lasting changes in their lifestyle choices. These quick wins inspire participants to take further climate action in their homes and places of work.
- A user-friendly online platform, accessible on computers and mobile phones, enables participants to log their activities and discover the impact of small and everyday lifestyle changes. The platform aligns with the latest findings in climate and behavioural
- Change science, and converts everyday climate actions into tangible emission savings.
- The team and company that make the most significant contribution to reducing greenhouse gas emissions will be crowned the national winners.
Business leaders are encouraged to view participation not only as a competition but as a strategic investment in their company's sustainability culture.
"We believe that the business communities in the Fingal area can be a powerful force for positive change. Taking part in the Climate Competition is an opportunity for companies to educate, empower and inspire their employees, and to demonstrate their commitment to a sustainable future for all,” said GAP Ireland CEO Hans Zomer.
“We are inviting as many companies as possible from Fingal to take part in this friendly Climate Competition, to help employees discover their power as agents of change, in their places of work and in wider society,” concluded the Global Action Plan CEO.
How to Participate:
Interested businesses can register for the Climate Competition via www.climatecompetition.ie
A 1-minute introduction video outlining the Climate Competition is available on Youtube: https://youtu.be/Qbz4g3lB9Iw?si=gCSidgc0_2Ye-Tps