In order to be eligible to apply to the scheme applicants must satisfy the below criteria;
- Be classified as a first-time buyer.
- earn up to a maximum of €50,000 gross income in a year for single adult households or,
- earn up to a maximum of €75,000 gross income in a year for households where two or more qualifying adults will own the home.
- have the right to reside indefinitely in Ireland. Intending purchasers from a member state of the EU/European Economic Area can apply for an affordable home, provided they are living and working in Ireland. Where intending purchasers are not an Irish/EU/EEA citizen, they must have indefinite leave to remain in the State.
- The affordable home must be the household’s normal place of residence.
As well as the above eligibility criteria, a Scheme of Priority for households deemed eligible will apply in the instance where there are more applicants than properties. The main points being;
- Property suited to the applicant household’s needs.
- Resident in county more than 12 months.
- Full time education within 70km of the dwelling.
- Employed within 70km of dwelling.
- Employed and in full time education within 70km of the dwelling.
Full details on the Scheme of Priority can be found by clicking here.