alert-icon Created with Sketch.


Emergency Management

26 Mar 2020

Fingal County Council and COVID-19: Help us to help you.

Fingal County Council's public offices are now closed to the general public.

A number of our services can be completed over the phone, by mail or online.

You can contact Customer Care Unit at 01 8905000 . Paperwork can be sent by e-mail. E-mail addresses may be found on our website at

Full details can be found here.


Fingal Community Response Forum

A dedicated community support helpline and email address has been launched to assist at-risk members of the public in accessing non-emergency and non-medical supports and advice. Find out more here.

Do I Qualify For Social Housing?

Social Housing applicants and applicants for the Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan should note that in light of the Covid-19 emergency, a temporary alternate arrangement has been put in place that will remove the need for them to have to obtain a physically completed HPL1 form from Revenue, either in person, by post, or by Revenue’s online systems ROS/MyAccount.

Instead, the applicant can request that Fingal County Council undertake an electronic process to obtain the information from the Revenue Commissioners. Persons who wish to avail of this option should contact either the Social Housing Support or Home Loan Section and request that the relevant HPL1 information be obtained on their behalf by Fingal County Council

To apply for housing with us you need to:

a)       live in the Fingal area or
b)       have a local connection to the Fingal area


You have a local connection if:

1) A member of the household has resided in the area (for a continuous 5 year period) at any time, or,

2) A member of the household is employed in the area or within 15 kilometres of the area, or,

3) A member of the household is in full-time education in any university, college, school or other educational establishment in the area, or,

4) A member of the household, who has enduring physical, sensory, mental health or intellectual impairment, is attending a related educational or medical establishment in the area, or,

5) A relative of any member of the household lives in the area and has lived here for a minimum of 2 years.

In very special circumstances we may accept an application from someone who doesn’t qualify by having a local connection or who doesn’t live in the area if you can show that your housing need can only be met by Fingal County Council.

If you are a non EEA National you may qualify to make a housing application under one of the criteria listed here Legal Status in Ireland and Making a Housing Application


Income Eligibility Limits here


How do I apply?

You have to complete an  Application form for Social Housing Support and make sure you provide all the supporting documents that are needed. The best way to submit your application form is to call in person to the Blanchardstown Office where a housing officer will go over the form with you to make sure it is complete. If you send in a form which isn’t fully complete it will delay the processing of your application.

When you visit the public counter to make your application, you will need have this list of documents  Documents Needed for Your Housing Application with you. Please bring the original documents, and copies of the documents. 

Please be aware that it can take up to 12 weeks to process your application. You will receive written notification to let you know whether or not you’ve been accepted onto the Council’s housing list.

Housing Allocations Scheme Document

Ministerial Direction on the Allocation Schemes

Contact Us

By email : [email protected] 

By telephone : (01) 8905994 for North County

or (01) 8905380 for Dublin 15

Or visit us at either of our housing counters;

Opening hours for our housing counter at County Hall, Swords

Monday to Thursday 9:00am - 5:00pm

Friday 9:00am - 4:30pm

Opening hours for housing counter Civic Offices, Blanchardstown

Monday to Thursday 9.00am - 5pm or Friday 9:00am - 4:30pm

All Rights Reserved © Fingal County Council