Fingal County Council, through the Local Enterprise Office Fingal, is delivering a wide range of financial and non-financial supports to agri-food companies in the county. The Agri-Food Strategy for Fingal builds upon this work and sets out a common framework that will foster innovation and collaboration across the sectors, increasing value added, leading to further jobs creation in the agri-food sector and maximizing the potential of the agri-food base in the county. Fingal County Council developed the strategy with the input of a steering group of local sectoral experts.
To enhance the Fingal Agri-Food sector as innovative, adaptive & globally competitive, through innovative clustering and collaboration models. To harness existing strengths, scale & leadership for the good of the Fingal food industry.
The Fingal Agri-Food Strategy will focus on six key areas:
- Fostering collaboration and clustering among stakeholders
- Enhancing innovation
- Improving business management performance;
- Supporting the attraction and retention of food talent into Fingal
- Creating a Fingal food and drink Tourism destination
- Examining the feasibility of developing an Agri-Food hub