Parking Tag System
We have introduced a cashless payment system via mobile phone to provide an easy parking payment solution.
We have introduced the Parking Tag system throughout Fingal. This is a cashless payment system via mobile phone which is already operating successfully in the Dublin City area and is now being introduced in South Dublin, Dun Laoghaire Rathdown and Fingal Council Council areas to provide a parking payment solution for the entire Dublin region.
Parking Tag is a cashless mobile parking payment solution which complements existing payment methods and operates as follows:
- A customer registers for an account by calling the call centre or going online
- Text or call to park - e.g. text “park FC 60” allows parking in zone FC for 60 minutes
- Confirmation message sent by Parking Tag
- Wardens scan the car registration to determine if parking has been paid for
- Customer may opt for a text reminder 10 minutes before parking is due to expire - customers can then extend parking time if desired
- Customers can also pay for parking in retail outlets operating Payzone network (similar to paying for M50 tolls)
- No need to return to your car once payment has been made via mobile phone or through retail outlet
The parking tag system allows greater flexibility in paying for parking throughout the Dublin region, either via mobile phone or retail outlet, and allows parking time to be extended without the need to buy a ticket from the meter and return to the car.
Formore information see www.parkingtag.ie