Temporary Closure of Roads - Visit of Pope Francis
Please find below details of Temporary Closure of Roads in relation to the Visit of Pope Francis - World Meeting of Families 2018 Phoenix Park Event Sunday August 26th
Temporary Closure of Roads in Fingal Area
World Meeting Of Families 2018 Phoenix Park Event
An Advertisement was published on 3rd August 2018 advising that an application had been received from the Office of Public Works for permission to temporarily close roads in the Fingal County Council area from 6.00am to 11.59pm on Sunday 26th August 2018. Elevensubmissions were received raising a variety of concerns and issues. All matters raised were considered in the making of this order.
Fingal County Council has now made an order temporarily closing the following roads in the Fingal Area from 6.00am to 11.59pm on Sunday 26th August 2018. These will be intermittent Garda controlled road closures and restricted parking, as necessary, to facilitate safe passage of people and public transport, to and from the Phoenix Park, within the area bounded by and including:-
- Knockmaroon Hill from junction with Tower Road to Martin’s Row.
- Lower Lucan Road from junction with Knockmaroon Hill to Lucan Bridge.
- Somerton Lane.
- Rugged Lane.
- Tower Road from junction with Knockmaroon Hill to White’s Road.
- White’s Road from junction with Tower Road to White’s Gate.
- College Road from junction with Tower Road/White’s Road to Castleknock Road.
- Luttrellstown Road from junction with White’s Road/Tower Road via Sandpits to junction with Porterstown Road/Rugged Lane.
- Carpenterstown Road from junction with Luttrellstown Road to Diswellstown Road (Carpenter Pub Roundabout).
- Anna Liffey Mills Road (Tinkers Hill) from junction with Lower Lucan Road (Strawberry Beds) to junction with Westmanstown Road.
- Castleknock Road from junction with Roselawn Road to R147/Navan Road at Ashtown Roundabout (Halfway House).
- Laurel Lodge Road from junction with Castleknock Road to Laverna Roundabout/ Carpenterstown Road East.
- Auburn Avenue from junction with R147/Navan Road to Castleknock Road.
- R147/Navan Road from junction with M50 (J6) to Ashtown Roundabout (Halfway House).
- R147 Navan Road Parkway Train Station overpass including all ramps.
- Ashtown Road from junction with River Road to R147/Navan Road (Ashtown Roundabout).
- River Road from junction with Ashtown Road to junction with Dunsink Lane.
- Dunsink Lane from junction with R147/Navan Road to Dunsink Observatory.
Fingal County Council has also made an order temporarily closing the following road in the Fingal Area from 6.00am to 12.00pm(midday) on Saturday 25th August 2018 and from 6.00am to 8pm on Sunday 26th August 2018:-
- R108 from the roundabout (between the R122 and the L3125) to Kilreesk Road (L3132 St. Margaret’s bypass)
Traffic Diversion Signage will be in place and local access will be maintained as much as is possible during the closure period
Dublin 15 residents advised to be aware of traffic restrictions due to Pope’s visit
Residents in the Dublin 15 area of Fingal are advised to make themselves fully aware of the traffic restrictions that will be in place in the area from 6am until midnight on Sunday because of Pope Francis’ visit to the Phoenix Park on Sunday as part of the World Meeting of Families 2018.