Proposed Temporary Closure of Roads - Visit of Pope Francis
Please find below proposed Temporary Closure of Roads in relation to the Visit of Pope Francis - World Meeting of Families 2018 Phoenix Park Event Sunday August 26th
Temporary Closure of Roads in Fingal Area
World Meeting Of Families 2018 Phoenix Park Event
An application has been received from the Office of Public Works for permission to temporarily close the following roads in the Fingal Area from 6.00am to 11.59pm on Sunday 26th August 2018. These will be intermittent Garda controlled road closures and restricted parking, as necessary, to facilitate safe passage of people and public transport, to and from the Phoenix Park, within the area bounded by and including:-
- Knockmaroon Hill from junction with Tower Road to Martin’s Row.
- Lower Lucan Road from junction with Knockmaroon Hill to Lucan Bridge.
- Somerton Lane.
- Rugged Lane.
- Tower Road from junction with Knockmaroon Hill to White’s Road.
- White’s Road from junction with Tower Road to White’s Gate.
- College Road from junction with Tower Road/White’s Road to Castleknock Road.
- Luttrellstown Road from junction with White’s Road/Tower Road via Sandpits to junction with Porterstown Road/Rugged Lane.
- Carpenterstown Road from junction with Luttrellstown Road to Diswellstown Road (Carpenter Pub Roundabout).
- Anna Liffey Mills Road (Tinkers Hill) from junction with Lower Lucan Road (Strawberry Beds) to junction with Westmanstown Road.
- Castleknock Road from junction with Roselawn Road to R147/Navan Road at Ashtown Roundabout (Halfway House).
- Laurel Lodge Road from junction with Castleknock Road to Laverna Roundabout/ Carpenterstown Road East.
- Auburn Avenue from junction with R147/Navan Road to Castleknock Road.
- R147/Navan Road from junction with M50 (J7) to Ashtown Roundabout (Halfway House).
- R147 Navan Road Parkway Train Station overpass including all ramps.
- Ashtown Road from junction with River Road to R147/Navan Road (Ashtown Roundabout).
- River Road from junction with Ashtown Road to junction with Dunsink Lane.
- Dunsink Lane from junction with R147/Navan Road to Dunsink Observatory.
An application has also been received from the Office of Public Works for permission to temporarily close the following road in the Fingal Area from 6.00am to 12.00pm(midday) on Saturday 25th August 2018 and from 6.00am to 8pm on Sunday 26th August 2018:-
- R108 from the roundabout (between the R122 and the L3125) to Kilreesk Road (L3132 St. Margaret’s bypass)
Traffic Diversion Signage will be in place and local access will be maintained.
Any interested person may lodge an objection in writing to the Administrative Officer, Castleknock Mulhuddart Operational Area, Fingal County Council, Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 or by email to [email protected] to arrive no later than 4.30 p.m. on Thursday 9th August 2018.
Castleknock Mulhuddart Operational Area
MEETING FOR RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES
As part of the preparations for the Papal Visit to the Phoenix Park, Businesses and Residents in D15 are invited to attend a Community Briefing this Friday, August 10, at 7pm in The Castleknock Hotel. To reserve a space, please email [email protected]