Fingal Coastal Liaison Group
The Fingal Coastal Liaison Group was established in 2016 in response to:
- The ongoing concerns in relation to Coastal Erosion/Coastal Flooding in Fingal.
- A need for a Coherent Structured Response to address these concerns and to improve communication between relevant stakeholders.
- To provide a forum for discussion of approaches to planning for and dealing with the problems of Coastal Erosion/Flooding.
Membership of the Coastal Liaison Group
The Coastal Liaison Group is made up of County Councillors, Council Officials and community members from each of the affected areas which are Rush (North Beach and South Beach), Portrane and Sutton.
Terms of Reference for the Coastal Liaison Group
- To discuss and as far as possible address any matters of concern to the communities living in Rush, Portrane and Sutton in relation to coastal erosion and coastal flooding in these areas.
- To review and make recommendations in relation to the management of coastal erosion and coastal flooding in Fingal.
- Facilitate broader community participation in coastal, and natural resource management through informing and liaising with member community groups.
- Foster opportunities for joint projects, information sharing and grant funding to address issues of concern in relation to coastal management.
- Provide best practice advice in accordance with the provisions of the Fingal Development Plan and other relevant policy documents in the context of integrated planning and management of the Fingal coastline.
- Incorporate the latest knowledge of climate change into coastal planning to assist the Council with the integration of adaptation strategies into planning policies.
- Review scientific advice and integrate this knowledge into the preparation and review of coastal management plans.
Fingal Coastal Liaison Group - Documentation Meeting 1 - 27th Oct 2016
Fingal Coastal Liaison Group - Documentation Meeting 2 - 10th Jan 2017
Fingal Coastal Liaison Group - Documentation Meeting 3 - 22nd February 2017