Traveller Inter Agency Group
We have established a Traveller Inter-agency Group (TIG) in line with national Government Policy.
Our aim is to bring together a range of statutory agencies and Traveller Development Groups, to share knowledge of issues affecting the Travelling community in Fingal and to achieve better integration of the services delivered to them.
Our Traveller Inter-agency Group is comprised of members from;
- Fingal County Council
- Blanchardstown Traveller Development Group
- Department of Social Protection
- Health Services Executive
- Blanchardstown Area Partnership
- Pavee Point
- Fingal Traveller Organisation Group.
- CountyDublinVocational Educational Committee
- Finglas/Cabra Partnership
- An Garda Siochána
Traveller Action Plan
The aim of the plan is to make sure that members of the Travelling community in Fingal can participate more fully as citizens, and can fully access the services they need. We reviewed the Traveller Action Plan in 2010 and agreed a new work programme centred around a number of themes such as;
- Building Partnership
- Training and Employment
- Building Community
For more information please contact Rachel Lindsay at [email protected]