Fingal 2016 Centenary Projects
The Fingal 2016 Centenary Programme has been devised in response to ideas and suggestions arising from public consultation meetings in 2015 that were attended by relatives of those involved from Fingal in the 1916 Rising, members of the Fingal Old IRA Commemorative Society, historical societies, community groups, artists and the wider public.
The Fingal 2016 Centenary Programme has been delivering a diverse and rich range of events to honour the legacy of the men and women in Fingal who contributed to the fight for Irish Freedom during Easter Week 1916. Piecing the story together and presenting it through a variety of media and from differing perspectives will allow us to secure its place in the memory of future generations, and will allow our diverse community today to engage meaningfully with the complex events of this period.
Events and Projects:
- Flagship Event - Fingal 1916 Centenary Commemorative Day on 24 April 2016 (the date of the 100th Anniversary of Easter Sunday 1916)
- Wreath Laying Ceremony in Ashbourne on 28 March 2016 (Easter Monday)
- Lecture Series
- The 'Revolution in Context' seminar
- Fingal Memorabilia Days in Malahide, Blanchardstown and Balbriggan
- Mobile Mouments Project
- The Fingal 1916 Story included in the Easter Digest Commemorative Edition
- History Ireland Hedge School: Women of the Irish Revolution. History Ireland editor, Tommy Graham, held a lively round table discussion on this topic, which you can listen to here
- Fingal and the 1916 Rising Map and Fingal and the 1916 Rising Leaflet
- Fingal and 1916 Rising Map Gaeilge and Fingal and the 1916 Rising Leaflet Gaeilge
- 'Fingal and the Fight for Irish Freedom' Exhibition
- Fingal Oral History Series 'The 1916 Collection'
- 1916 Fingal Lecture Series updated
- Fingal 2016 Centenary Programme
- Mobile Monuments Public Arts Project
- Fingal and the 1916 Rising Map
- Fingal and the 1916 Rising Leaflet
- Fingal and 1916 Rising Map Gaeilge
- Fingal and the 1916 Rising Leaflet Gaeilge